Get job ready. Become a Personal Support Worker!
Are you ready to start a new career in healthcare? Now is your chance! We are excited to announce our new Educational Assistance Program with St. Joseph’s Care Group for our Personal Support Worker program in Thunder Bay that will allow you to get a $3000 tuition grant and a $1000 loan (for a total of $4000) with employment commencing shortly after graduation!*
Program type: Certificate
This program includes a 10-week co-op placement.
This is one of the fastest growing occupations in Canada. Demand is so high for PSW’s in Ontario, that many of our students get hired before they even graduate!
Working in hospitals, long-term care facilities and in the homes of patients, can be challenging, but extremely rewarding. PSW’s occupy a truly special role in improving the quality of life for seniors or individuals coping with serious medical conditions. Personal Support Workers are quickly becoming one of the most valuable members of our medical community.
You will gain a solid education in:
- • Infection control and safety
- • Health, wellness and home management
- • Body structure and functions
- • Medications
- • Mental health and cognitive impairment
- • Professionalism and career management
- • And more
Graduates of the Educational Assistance Program with St. Joseph’s Care Group will gain employment at St. Joseph’s Care Group upon graduation.*
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma, General Education Diploma or Mature Student Status
• Successful interview with the Registrar
• Immunization and Health Record Form:
• Two step TB test, immunity against measles, mumps and rubella, current tetanus-diphtheria, current Inﬂuenza immunization, Hepatitis B vaccine is recommended
• Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector check
Create your financial security by learning these valuable skills that are needed in every community!
To find out if you are qualified for the St. Joseph’s Care Group program, contact us now using the form below.